Almost one year ago Erik Qualman, the author of a fabulous book called Socialnomics, made a video clip about the Social Media Revolution. Almost 1.9 million people have watched that clip on YouTube. Now he has made a fresh updated version. He writes: ” Social Media Revolution 2 is a refresh of the original video with new and updated social media & mobile statistics that are hard to ignore” – May 2010.
It’s cool – and it’s gonna be a hit – again!
But I was hoping Erik Qualman could have changed the music. It’s annoying. Sorry 🙁
Some new statistics from Qualman:
- Over half the world’s population is under 30 years old
- 96% of Millennials have joined a social network
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the US
- 1 out of 8 couples in the US met via social media
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment (and 95% of that percentage use LinkedIn)
- Ashton Kutcher and Britney Spears have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of Sweden, Israel, Switzerland, Ireland, Norway and Panama combined – 4.8 million each
- 50% of mobile internet traffic in the UK is for Facebook
- 78% of Wikipedia content is in languages other than English
- 25% of search results for the world’s top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 90% of people skips ads via TiVo/DVR
The 10 points summary made by Nevillehobson.com Thanks 🙂