But here is my top 10 list (cred to everyone who put it out there – especially Mari Smith and Socialbakers) about Facebook:
- Stop separating B2B and B2C. Its P2P – people to people. Social media is all about people.
- Almost 90 % of your fans don’t visit your fanpage once they “Like” you (@connectyou)
- Brands should post on their Facebook page 5-10 times a week (@socialbakers)
- Build a culture on your Facebook page. Make sure you are known for providing consistent valuable content. Be famous for amazing, genuine content.
- 80 character or less posts have 27% higher engagement rates (@BuddyMedia)
- Facebook engagement rates are 3 times higher for posts that use full length URLs (@MariSmith)
- We love fridays! Facebook’s “Happiness Index” spikes on Fridays and Holidays. See this
- Facebook wall posts receive 50% of their total Likes in the first 1 hour and 20 mins. 80% in 4 hours. (@MariSmith)
- Less is more in both characters & frequency for Facebook fan pages.
- It’s better to have a facebook fan page with 1,000 active fans, than 100,000 who rarely click or comment.
More: A Study of Fan Engagement on Facebook Pages
Visibli analyzed over 200 million Facebook Fans to determine their engagement habits across different Fan Page types. Here are the findings.