This week LeWeb’11 is held in Paris – and it’s more popular than ever. I wish I was there, but you can follow the conference online. Today the author of the book, “The Innovation Secrets of Steve Jobs: Insanely Different Principles for Breakthrough Success“, Carmine Gallo talked about Steve Jobs’ seven innovation secrets. I loved it!
- Do what you love. Passion!
- Put a dent in the universe. Vision. Bold, simple and consise.
- Kick Start your brain. ”Creativity is just connecting things” Steve Jobs. Look at other industries and brands.
- Say NO to 1000 things. Keep it simple. Remove things.
- Create insanely great experiences. Don’t forget to innovate around customer experiences. The Four Seasons Hotels inspired the Apple Store.
- Master the Message. Steve Jobs’ presentations were amazing. ”The brain doesn’t pay attention to boring things”. How do you make a good presentation?
- Sell dreams, not products.
Two tips for better presentations:
- The Rule of Three – The brain can just process three or four points of information in the short memory. Just tell three things about your product. Nothing more. You’ll find a group of three in everything Apple does.
- Think Visually – Picture Superiority Effect. People remember 10% of what you say verbally. Add a picture and the attention goes up to 60%.